Sunday, November 25, 2012

Brain Child Wins a Prize!

New Beginnings at the Birmingham Art Association juried show
Guess what! My painting, New Beginnings won Best in Show at the Birmingham Art Association's annual juried show. I was very excited just to be involved the show. I felt that the work this year was especially beautiful, so I'm all the more honored by the award.
Mary Liz Ingram and Dariana Dervis with Dariana's lovely
 mixed-media collages (and second place ribbon).

My dear friends (and fellow members of the art group, Eclectic Art Social Club) Mary Liz Ingram and Dariana Dervis also each received second place ribbons in (respectively) "drawing/printmaking" and "mixed-media" for their work in the show! Way to represent!!

Dariana Dervis, Mary Liz Ingram, and Chi Roach with
Mary Liz's beautiful pastel
 (her second place ribbon is behind Chi's head :)
A pretty awful picture of me,
but pretty good of my paintings.
You may remember New Beginnings (and my struggles completing it) from this post. Just goes to show, the brain child is worth the labor pains. So proud :).

No comments:

Post a Comment