Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big news and why I've been a flakey blogger lately

Maternity stamp I carved
Wow, I've been REALLY scattered lately. So, it's been a little while since my last post. However, there's good reason for that- I'm pregnant! I read the other day that studies have shown that women's brain cells volume actually decreases during pregnancy then returns to normal in the months after birth. So, pregnancy brain is a real thing! I have an excuse! Still, I will try to be better, I promise.

Mother's day flowers from
my sweet hubby :)
In addition to just feeling scattered, I truly have been crazy busy lately. It's annoying and it's gotta stop. I can't remember the last time I had a day in my studio when there wasn't at least one other thing I needed to do or place I needed to be. Today, though, I'm taking (ie. stealing) the time to paint. I find that when I do that, everything else seems to fall into place. However, then I get busy and I seem to forget this truth and neglect my artwork (my career, my soul!) for too long and I end up feeling non-productive and depleted.

So, adieu for now. I'm off to paint and feed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment